Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Review of Resolutions

So, two weeks into the new year of 2011, I wrote this blog post:

http://lindsayschott.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-years-resolution-get-my-s-together.html

And now it's time to review. Oh dear... (stay positive!)

I did successfully grow my business this year - I had a steady stream of clients, I designed some things for professional use, I had several weddings for makeup and I did get my website up and running although it still needs some tweeks. I am also blogging consistently which I feel helps. So, pretty good with that but I need to do better book keeping. So far my strategy is keeping receipts and emails and then plugging them all in excel every once in awhile...not so good...

Weight...I am working out more but I am eating more, so not so good there. I need to examine my relationship with food (well, relationship and food shouldn't be in the same sentence to begin with).

Money, honey. Well, we're doing ok but dang do I love a good deal and I am a girly girl at heart, my whole Christmas was accessories and makeup. I will need some heart work on this one - I am still really impressed with new, shiny things :)

Walk with God - better, not awesome but I tend to thing that He feels oppsite at times then I do about what our "walk" is. I do sense a nearness to Christ this year that struggled last year. I have been deeply encouraged at our new church and I have been in the word more consistently but I know my soul would benefit from a little more Jesus time.

Kids. Well, the second miscarriage threw me for a loop this year but the bitterness never erupted like it did in 2010 so that is my greatest triumph of character for the year. The sadness doesn't change and yep, I did feel like 73 people told me they were pregnant and I struggled to hold the line of being happy for them and many times gave in to my envy but I believe God's Spirit reminds me that its ok to mourn the loss we suffered but its not ok to despise what God is doing in another's life. I am still praying and seeking about this part of our life and God's already provided more money than I thought we'd ever have at this point for an adoption but consistently He reminds me not to make this an idol.

So, my generic review. It's dangerous to publish what you want to accomplish in a year but accountablity is good for the soul. Before I anty up my resolutions for 2012 I am just going to sit for a few days and think about 2011 and appreciate it and try to learn something from it and maybe gain a heart of wisdom.

~Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment