Friday, June 25, 2010

The Goody Spin Pin



I really like gadgets that make my life easier; so when I saw this little doodad that said it did the work of 20 bobby pins, my ears perked up. I bought the cute little pair of pins that looked like a DNA strand and started working...

The directions say to put your hair in a pony tail, twist your hair around in a bun and twist both pins into the bun (you screw it in basically). I would give it a "pretty good" rating and let me tell you why:

1. If you want the hair that won't be in the bun to be voluminous, messy, textured or anything other than plastered to your head then you still have to do that work outside the spin pin- it really is only a way to secure the hair in the bun

2. You girls with thin, straight, fine or no-texture hair will struggle with this tool. It is really ideal for women with medium to thick hair that has some texture in it. So, if you hair is straight you will need to curl and put some product in your hair to get this to work.

3. My hair did stay secure all night- very helpful (once I figured out the right places to screw in my pins- that you'll just have to work with)

So- that's my conclusion- its ideal of the messy bun, just like its advertised for. Girls with wavy, curly or thick hair this may be a great buy but if you have slick, thin or fine hair, this probably is not the product for you. It struggled a bit to keep straight hair together in a smooth bun.

So, think messy like this:


But keep in mind, the spin pin can't make all that amazing volume up top...

Heck, its just about $3 so just get some and try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment