Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fit Me Makeup and "Wave" product reviews

So, I have been trying a few new products and feeling that I am an advocate for the average woman, disciphering cosmetics in the CVS or Target isle...I wanted to share my findings.

I have been trying the "Fit Me" makeup from Maybelline and I just bought the "Wave" face scrubber from Neutrogena.

Let's start with the makeup first.




Fit Me's add campaign starts with a pouty model saying "Don't control me, fit me." Ugh, Maybelline, you missed your market there - normal women do not identify with pouty-lipped, skinny models demanding the world bend another thing to them. On the other hand - you hit your market get with your price point (usually always around $6 a bottle).

I've used this product in the past (from spring to early summer of this year) and recently purchased it again and here are my conclusions:

Fit me is a great medium to medium-light coverage foundation for people who have dry to normal skin and don't deal with a lot of serious acne who enjoy a fresh "dewy" look.

To break down those words here's some explanation:

Medium, medium-light coverage - covers the skin to give a consistent look but not strong enough to cover scars or blemishes.

dry to normal skin - if your skin is dry or just little oily by the end of the day this will feel nice on your skin - not cakey, overwhelming or stiff. If you have oily skin, this will not aid your oily-ness and you will find this makeup sliding off your skin by the end of the day as you glisten in the florescent light of your cubicle (or the lamplight of your house or wherever you find yourself at about 4:00pm).

Fresh, "dewy" look - this is a term that describes a face finish that has a slight sheen to it. It's very popular right now as seen by the influx of "illuminators" on the market that give a false "sheen" to the skin. The idea is a more natural look that is not powdery. Here's a reference:



I personally like the dewy look because I have a past of covering acne with think makeup to cover my issues and although a lot of that acne has subsided, I long for the type of skin I feel confident barely covering and going out with. But it really is just a preference thing.

So, I hope that is helpful. My skin is a little oily, acne prone and acne scarred so I need a fuller coverage heavier makeup. It is a nice feeling product though and again if you have fairly nice skin and like the dewy look, this is a great option.

Secondly, the Wave...





I'll keep this short because I just got it yesterday. I will say, so far, so good.

I thought it was a gimmick and that I'd been duped...but to my surprise this little thing did clean my skin better than my normal soap and exfoliater pad did. So, I will give it a try, 2x daily for 2 weeks and then give a full run down but for $9 at the grocery store, this little sucker seems to be doing good!

Stay tuned for more details!

~Linds

1 comment:

  1. This is so helpful, great job! I am super interested in how the "wave" works.... keep me updated!!! I may just go out and get one :) I am still looking for a natural face cleanser. I have been using honey and like it as a mask once a day. But I need something to remove face makeup. (olive or coconut oil works great for eye make up FYI)

    ReplyDelete