Monday, May 13, 2013

Summer Soiree Summary

Sufferin' Succotash that's a lot of S's!

I had a great party two weekends ago that talked about summer trends for hair and makeup, accessory tips and style tips.  Now, like a complete goof, I took no pictures (the photographer who doesn't take pictures?!) so sorry about that!  But I am here to share a little of what we learned!

For the summer here's what to look out for hair and makeup:

Hair:
- ombre highlights (duh) - easiest hair coloring to keep up other than not coloring you hair. If you are interested in trying this look on your own give me a call, I did mine and I can help you out!




 -messy/ textured hair - go with it, lose control!  I suggested two products, a sea spray for hair not given to too much frizziness and "tousle me softly" mousse by herbal essence for really wavy or super straight hair.


- buns - yes! Up high, down low, sleek or messy buns are the way to go!  This is great for the heat of summer and the needs of a busy life!  There are several tools on the market these days to help you make a bun, try em out, you can find easy, quick and cheap tools at the grocery store!



Makeup:

-Gold eye shadow - my favorite gold eye shadow is "half baked" by urban decay!



- dramatic eyeliner - didn't share this at the party, but I'm seeing it a lot. Everything from cat eye, to bright colors or just heavy liner.  This one feels harder to me, eyeliner is a skilled art but if you're good at it, go for it!


- A POP of color - on the eyes or the lips!  My suggestion here was to try a lip color or eyeshadow/ eyeliner color you like and give it at least a whole day when you try it and wear it on a day you are around other people.   We tend to see ourselves in the same way and have a hard time breaking out.  Others can actually see you more appropriately sometimes so listen to others feedback!



Accessories -
A POP of color again!! (It became our theme for the night). Go for color in  your earrings, bracelets, scarfs, purses and necklaces.



Go with what is comfortable but push yourself just a bit.  Bring some glamor to the grocery store ladies!

Style -
You guessed it, a POP of color including color blocking. (Finally defined for us by Amanda as 3 or more distinct colors in one garment or outfit, thank you Amanda!).

Be comfortable

Shop via magazines and collect what you like so when you shop you can go with a "list" of what you're looking for and what you'd like to try.

We had so much fun when we didn't think that we were all going to washed away in that storm!  I enjoyed it so much and hopefully we can have more fun, girly get togethers and I will take pictures next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment