Friday, July 30, 2010

Art Projects- Before

Sooo...with Landon in seminary he has homework and I hate homework for myself and him but since he has to do it I need to be a good wife and let him do it. So, I've taken up some projects to keep me busy.

First, I have a senior shoot with my buddy Casi Howard and I've been collecting some items as "props" for the shoot and I can't wait to see how they look. I just found this little piece of luggage at an antique shop and I love it, I've got an old frame, bright pillows, an old chair, a stump and some boots. Here they are in their before state and the next pictures that I post will be when I use them!! Yeah!





This is the old chair Meghan and I found in the trash that we're going to redo for the shoot...I am so excited and btw Meghan- I just went on Craigslist and found amazing cheap furniture ready for a refinish- you can do this even all by yourself- do it! Anyway, can't WAIT to do this...




I love wood stuff but a stump at West Elm is like $200 so here's the attempt at a D-I-Y version:



And lastly, my project for Mercy Street. I was giving the assignment to do a piece that reflects "And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.":



So- I will get cracking on my work while Landon gets cracking on his. I like being artsy-fartsy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment