Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Updates on life and my unending quest to be self employed

So, I haven't written in awhile so here's a small summary:

1. Considering just paying a friend to knit things when I need them and paying talented people on Etsy...knitting I just don't think is my "thing"

2. Got a little carried away with "refurbishing" furniture and my garage started to look like an episode of Hoarders so new rule: 1 project at a time.

3. Got obsessed with "Lost", then "Pawn Stars" and now "American Pickers"...I'm a pretty fickle TV fan :)

4. Took/taking some photography classes and learning a lot!

5. Got my DBA so I can "Do Some Business As" L.Schott Artistry - the banner under which my crafting, painting, photography-ing, makeup and hair do-ing will all live.

So, I guess moving right along? I have never really been great at one thing. I've always been pretty good at a few things and maybe, just maybe it can work for me. I don't know if I should call myself a "Jane of All Trades" or a "Renaissance Woman" but I am trying to make the best of being an expert of nothing.

But maybe life isn't about being an expert...maybe its about always learning.

And just for grins some of my new favorite sayings/quotes as of late:

"Nut Up" - Landon

"I want to invent a churro pencil" - Erik Hanson (youth @ our church)

"I split a bagel with the garbage" - Harvard Sailing Team

No comments:

Post a Comment