Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Maternity shoot with The Needhams!

Again, one of the friends with a baby on the way! This is Jimmy and Kelly Needham. I became friends with Kelly about a year ago after she started working for Grace Fellowship in Katy. We did our friendship 2nd grade style: "Hey, will you be my friend?", "Sure, let's be friends, want to hang out every week?", "Yes"...and we've been meeting ever since.

Kelly is full of wisdom and grace. I keep telling her she needs to start writing curriculum for bible studies but maybe I should let her have her baby first. She has been a very good friend to me in a year that was very hard. Her life being affected by miscarriage, she always offered sympathy, support, flowers and outings that had nothing to do with babies.

So, here's their redemption baby, Lively, (I LOVE THAT NAME!) and she's due January 11th but basically any day now!

I shot this with Kendra Martin Hazelwood again and borrowed that great 50mm, f1.4 lens and had a wonderful time. That's also why they're never looking at the camera- they're looking at Kendra.

Beautiful shoot, beautiful people and can't wait to meet that beautiful baby!


















I've been playing with different filters and affects and trying to really nail down a style that's my own. On this shoot I did some blurs, some old-photo styles that were neat and some dark shadows. Still working on what my style is...if you have any input I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment