Thursday, January 17, 2013

My two cents on a few products...

So, on a regular basis friends ask me for a recommendation on a product or product line.  I thought for this post I would just give a few suggestions. These products that I recommend come from first hand experience with the product and usually I  give any new product at least 2 weeks of use. So, there's some context for you. Products are listed from most expensive to least expensive :) Now, realize I have not tried every product out there and also, everyone's skin is different but if you wanted to know what I thought here it is:

Skin Care for Acne Prone Skin:
  • DDF (Doctor's Dermatologic Formula)
  • Philosophy (Go Without Makeup Kit)
  • Proactive (if you're pretty oily)

Skin Care for "Regular" Skin:
  • Korres
  • DDF (they have products for all skin types)
  • Boots (available at Target!)
  • Garnier
  • Neutrogena

Foundation Makeup (liquid and powder):
  • Makeup Forever - High Definition and Medium Coverage
  • Physician's Formula (mostly for their powders)
  • Revlon (I use the colorstay on a daily basis)
* special note here I don't really like the powder mineral makeups but its because they don't offer enough coverage for me, they feel like they dry out my skin and easily set into lines and pores and there is not a sun-screen free mineral makeup on the market for special occasions.


Color Products (eye shadow, blush, eye pencils, lipstick, lip liner):
  • Makeup Forever
  • Urban Decay (love their metallic eye liners)
  • Too Faced
  • All the grocery store brands are pretty much the same in quality - I find their potency in pigment and staying power are the same so just get what you like :)
Mascara:
  • Dior
  • Covergirl Lash Blast
*this is an extreme difference in price but seriously, I've used several "nice" brands and I feel like the Covergirl does better but Dior really stands out as a phenominal mascara so if eyes are your thing go for it!

So there you have it - simple and quick.  Again, everyone's skin and skin needs are different but if you wanted to know my thoughts, there they are!

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment